NEW PLYMOUTH CHRISTIAN CHURCH.
NEW PLYMOUTH CHRISTIAN CHURCH (NP2C)
IS A MULTI CULTURAL CHURCH COMMITTED TO HELPING ALL CULTURES TO ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD
That is to say that we are not just a church for Philippine people, though the roots of the Church are from the Philippine community here in New Plymouth New Zealand.
As a Church we want to reach out to ALL Races of people.
The bible tells us very clearly in the great commission to go out to ALL NATION’S
Re. Matthew 28:18-20 New International Version (NIV)18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
In regard to the Kingdom of God
That is in our heart.
Jesus stated very clearly in
Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the Kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, ‘The Kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the Kingdom of God is within you.’”
AND TO COMMUNE AND RECOGNIZE GOD,
THE FATHER OF ALL CREATION.
So lets take a peek at this from Genesis
Genesis 1 New International Version (NIV)
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.
5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
This continues in Genesis to explain the world and all that is in it.
TO REACH AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE BY BUILDING & PROVIDING CHRIST-CENTERED, BIBLE-BASED CHURCHES.
You will notice here that I have written “Churches” Plural NOT singular. The vision I have is for more Churches to evolve from this one.
TO HELP CHANGE MINDSETS AND TO EMPOWER PEOPLE TO LEAD AND IMPACT POSITIVITY IN EVERY SPHERE OF LIFE THROUGH THE INFILLING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AT CONVERSION
This is important.
Jesus spent a LOT of time healing the sick, changing the way people thought, through Godly teaching, healing their minds, their bodies and kindling their souls to eventually, re-connect their spirit to God, through re-birth via the Holy Spirit.
Many then and in the world today have moved away from communing with their God.
Jesus gave some clear examples of how to change our lives.
Jesus set the way by being baptized by John the Baptist in the Jordan River.
At that time John was baptizing for the remission of sin.
So did Jesus need that? His earthly body possibly did, but He did not.
It was more about the example being set for change, for re birth, for connecting us closer to God and for us to become more Christ like through the power of the Holy Spirit of which we received at Baptism. That is why Jesus commanded that we do this to believers in the Great Commission, which I read earlier.
I read recently that many of the Dalits (Darlits) the untouchable Hindu cast in India were converting to Christianity because as Christians they were equals and not looked down upon. The sad thing I read was that someone said there was a problem as many could not be baptized, as there were too few ordained ministers.
As far as what I’ve read in the bible, all you have to be is a believer in Christ and Spirit filled and Born again to baptize.
That is what the great commission is all about. What deception says you need to be ordained…. Sounds too much like a club to me.
Our mind should be as the Mind of Christ
WE should become MORE CHRIST LIKE
There are some 25 references in the New Testament regarding this
Jesus said to him,
"Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works. "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves.
"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
"If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
1 Corinthians 1:30
But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,
1 Timothy 1:15-16
It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all. Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.
But when Jesus heard this, He said,
"It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick. "But go and learn what this means: 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
And hearing this, Jesus said to them,
For I delight in loyalty rather than sacrifice, And in the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier provisions of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness; but these are the things you should have done without neglecting the others.
And of course this one
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.
So in conclusion….. let us Pray
Father. Help us to
Be a Multi Cultural Church, committed to helping all Cultures Lord, Phillipina, European, Maori, Fijian, Samoan, Vietnamese, Chinese, Burmese and any other Lord.
Show us how to have a clear understanding of your Kingdom on Earth Father and how to enter into your throne room.
Help us commune and be closer to you, like when you walked with Adam in the garden east of Eden.
Oh Lord, the Father of all creation. Lead us to reach and touch others by building Your churches.
Guide us to be Christ Centered, Bible based in our approach, Jesus always in the center of what we do. Help change our worldly mind set Father to your mindset, the mindset of Jesus Christ our Lord, Impact us with the power of the Holy Spirit, keep us positive in everything we do Lord.
In every sphere of our lives we pray.
In the mighty name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour
Senior Pastor Stephan P Dyer NP2C
There is a recorded message on this below
As a Senior Pastor I will be teaching on the following 16 fundamental truths
WE ARE A BIBLE BASED CHRIST CENTRED CHURCH
- The Bible is inspired by God and is "the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct".
- There is only one true God who exists as a Trinity.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God and, as the second person of the Trinity, is God.
- Man was created good and upright. However, man by voluntary transgression fell and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God.
- Salvation "is received through repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ".
- There are two ordinances. Believer's baptism by immersion is a declaration to the world that the believer has died and been raised together with Christ, becoming a new creation. The Lord's Supper is a symbol expressing the believer's sharing in the divine nature of Christ, a memorial of Christ's suffering and death, and a prophecy of Christ's second coming.
- Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a separate and subsequent experience following conversion. Spirit baptism brings empowerment to live an overcoming Christian life and to be an effective witness.
- Speaking in tongues is the initial physical evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit.
- Sanctification is "an act of separation from that which is evil, and of dedication unto God". It occurs when the believer identifies with, and has faith in, Christ in his death and resurrection. It is understood to be a process in that it requires continual yielding to the Holy Spirit.
- The Church's mission is to seek and save all who are lost in sin; the Church is the Body of Christ and consists of all people who accept Christ, regardless of Christian denomination.
- Divinely called and scripturally-ordained ministers serve the Church.
- Divine healing of the sick is provided for in the atonement.
- The "imminent and blessed hope" of the Church is its rapture preceding the bodily return of Christ to earth.
- The rapture of the Church will be followed by the visible return of Christ and his reign on earth for a thousand years.
- There will be a final judgment and eternal damnation for the "wicked dead".
- There will be future new heaven and a new earth "wherein dwelleth righteousness".